Come Work With Us!
If you are passionate about racquet sports, or even just one racquet sport, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm
about them with others, we may have just the job for you!
Courtside Sports offers a challenging, fun, clean and safe work environment. There are many opportunities to learn new skills,
and advancement for self-motivated, reliable “team players” with an excellent work ethic, is always a possibility. We pride
ourselves in treating our staff with respect and helping them to achieve their personal best. We will make every effort to
match your work schedule with your life style and will always attempt to accommodate personal needs and schedule requests.
Racquet Technician/Sales & Webstore Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Starting wage: $12 to $14/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Part-time hours September 2016 to the end of April 2017.
Starting in May 2017, additional hours may be available throughout the summer and into the fall.
Available shifts: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturdays 8:30am to 5pm
Minimum availability requirement: 8 hours per week
We only hire applicants who are looking for a minimum employment period of 14 months (until end of October 2017). A long-term career opportunity is also available!
- As we are a racquet specialty business, it is essential for potential employees to be passionate about racquet sports (Tennis, Badminton and/or Squash) in general, but they also must play at least one of these sports on a regular basis. A high skill level is not necessary but it is an advantage.
- Must be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, and a minimum of 14 months.
- We are always very interested in applicants who are looking for a career in specialty retail/ e-commerce.
- Must enjoy dealing with customers and working in a team work environment
- Applicants should enjoy working with their hands. Racquet stringing and service is a major part of this job. No experience is necessary as extensive training will be provided.
- Basic computer knowledge is necessary, however, advanced knowledge in computers, graphic design, website design and maintenance could be an opportunity for different responsibilities within the company.
- Applicants must have very good organizational skills, attention to detail and be able to solve problems. Independent and creative thinking is encouraged within the context of the Courtside Sports business model.
What Courtside Sports has to offer:
-The opportunity to work in one of the leading racquet specialty retail and internet businesses in Canada.
-Working in a clean, safe, and fun yet challenging environment.
-Opportunities to learn new skills and advancement for self-motivated, reliable team players.
-Staff discounts and equipment deals.
-USRSA Master Racquet Technician certification (long-term applicants). This can lead to valuable connections within the racquet sports industry as well as the local racquet sports communities.
-Long-term job and career opportunity. The only limit is your commitment, skill development, responsibility and interest.
-We pride ourselves in treating our staff with respect and helping them to achieve their personal best.
Applicants should email their resume and cover letter to: